HAC100 Youth Hack Challenge
Co-op Digital are delighted to be a sponsor of Hack Manchester’s all-female youth hack! The hackathon is a two-day coding competition for young coders aged 11-18. As well as sponsoring, we’ve laid down a challenge for the hackers!
The challenge is… make something to connect people in your local community.
Thanks to Co-op members, together we’ve helped raise an amazing £19 million for local causes since November 2017..We give 1% of what members spend on Co-op branded food products in our stores and selected services, to local projects – from improving community spaces or helping school leavers learn life skills, to simply connecting people. So, we’d like to see the teams come up with ways to connect people in their local community:
- This could be:
- a web page sharing information about life in your community
- using google maps, a way of showing interesting places in your community on a map
- using a dataset or API to find and display interesting information about your community
- a way of creating a group of local people to share food or activities with
- Interesting datasets can be found on https://www.kaggle.com
Some useful UK/manchester APIs:
Each member of the winning team will receive a £20 Amazon voucher!
Co-op Digital is currently looking for software engineer apprentices, as part of the Manchester Digital Apprenticeship programme, which starts in September 2019: Level 4 Software Developer Apprenticeship
As it is a Level 4 apprenticeship, you will need the following: Entry requirements can include at least five GCSEs grades A – C (9 – 4 on the new grading system), and Level 3 qualifications, including A levels, NVQ/SVQ Level 3, or a BTEC National. Entry Requirements
Speak to one of the Co-op team if you are interested in applying and want to find out more.